Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stem Cell Research Innovation

Now this is cool. So cool in fact that I've ordered several of these kits for family members and close friends. What is it? It's a way for women to collect life saving stem cells from her own menstrual blood!

OK, so I probably just lost the guys...but ladies, we can actually save ourselves and possibly our families (as usual!) by following the ultra simple instructions.

Here is how it works, in a nutshell: You use the medical grade menstrual cup to collect the cells and then ship them back to the research lab. That's it! There is a really great demo video on the website that I strongly urge everyone to go and view. It explains it all in detail and makes it easier to understand.

My concern was about scientific studies. There are several and all are available for viewing by going to the website. I also strongly urge you to read them. The more information you have, the better.

Most impressive to me was the study by Dr. Amit Patel. In this study, adult stem cells were transplanted in a group of patients undergoing cardiac bypass surgery and compared to a similar group undergoing bypass surgery without stem cell transplantation. The group who received adult stem cell transplantation in addition to bypass surgery showed a significant improvement in heart function compared to the group who did not receive stem cell treatment.

Dr. Patel is the doctor that C’elle worked with in devising their system. Peer reviewed and doctor approved. That is enough for me. Especially when I can choose to save something I would ordinarily discard that may save my life or the life of someone I love. I’d personally prefer to take the chance.

No matter how you may feel about the traditional stem cell debate, none of which applies here, this is one site that should be checked out by all women. Visit C'elle


No comments: