Monday, October 20, 2008

First Annual Theatre Church Conference

I was reading recently about how CineMeetings & Events is hosting the first-ever Theatre Church Conference in Silver Spring, MD on October 22 & 23. You can Find out more here. That got me to thinking about how we have all heard many Bible verses throughout our lives. Which Bible verse best reflects how you live your life or is your motto? I mean seriously, if you had to pick just one. I know the trite answer is "all of them". But if you had to pick out just one. The one that speaks not just to your mind and heart but reaches to your very soul.
Like most people, I have a few of them that particularly speak to me. Unlike most though, I have one from the Gnostic gospels as well. I'm especially fond of 2 Timothy 2:3, "You must therefore endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ". That helps get through the difficult times. I'm also partial to Titus 1:16 "They profess to know God, but in works deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work. That reminds me to be faithful to what I know rather than cave into the world.
By now someone is wondering what Gnostic verse I am lean towards. It's from the Apocalypse of Baruch where St. Paul says "Even now in Heaven there are Angels carrying savage weapons".
Find out more
Find out more
Find out more
Post?slot_id=23363&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: