Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatments

Are you or someone you love affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis? If so, I hope you are keep up to date on the latest in treatment options.

When I was first diagnosed, I was scared and not sure where to turn. My doctor gave me some information and then I started to research. The more I learned, the less afraid I became.

I tried several popular drugs but they were not working so my doctor kept switching until we found a good match. Between that and physical therapy, I'm doing great. Just don't get discouraged if the first attempt at drug therapy doesn't work. Sometimes it takes awhile.

Rheumatoid Arthritis does still bother me a bit emotionally. I get upset when my body simply can't do some of the things that I would like it to do. I try to remember that it could be worse. But sometimes I still get frustrated.

One of the things that bothers me is when drug companies, people that are not themselves affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis try and tell me that they understand and tell me what it's like to live with it. I prefer to hear from real people like myself. Not some corporation, no matter how well meaning.

Personally, if I were writing an ad for one of these companies I would use real people who actually have this and have them talk about how the drug has helped them personally and what side effects they have personally had to deal with.

That's one of the things I like about the ads for the drug I'm currently taking, Humira. They have people who at least look and act like me. That gets my attention more than some guy in a lab coat telling me he knows how I feel. He doesn't unless he has this disease.

Educate yourselves. Talk to your doctor about the latest in treatments and whatever else you do DON'T GIVE UP!


Post?slot_id=36887&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: