Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cookies!

I was going to post a review today about my cookie jar (it's really cool) but decided that it doesn't mean much to have a cookie jar if you don't have cookies to put in it.

I do not like store bought cookies. They lack a certain something. I make mine or get them from friends. My two best friends cook like you wouldn't believe. Jane is the grandmotherly type (she IS a grandmother of 3 after all) and she is a country cook. At her house you are going to be served stews, chili and southern friend chicken.

My other best friend, Judy is a type A, hyper attorney. She cooks things like Pumpkin Bisque, quiche and organic blue corn tortilla chips (with homemade salsa).

They both make outstanding cookies and candy platters....at Christmas (Yule for our Pagan readers). Me, I make cookies all year. After all they are one of the 4 basic food groups for Techno-Geeks (the others being Coke, Cup-o-noodles, and Gummy worms).

Anyway, I invented a new cookie recipe. It's essentially the chocolate chip cookie recipe you find on all those chip bags....but with 1 1/4 cup of cocoa powder instead of the chips. They turn out to be very yummy and a bit like a brownie cookie.

In case you don't have a chip bag handy, here is the recipe:
1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
3/4 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 3/4 cup flour
2tsp vanilla
2tsp baking soda

Mix it all together, drop it in spoonfuls on the cookie sheet and cook about 10 minutes on 350.

I swap the white and brown sugar amounts (always do with cookies) because I prefer chewy cookies.

And that's my cookie recipe!

1 comment:

Zombie Money said...

Nice recipe! I love cookies :) Just ate a few lol.