Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Great American Seafood Cookoff

Besides loving cookies, I also love seafood. I especially love domestic seafood. I prefer to know the source of my food and prefer it to be as local as possible.
Because I love to cook, I love cooking contests. So I would love to enter my own special Crab Pepper Alfredo in The Great American Seafood Cook Off! Or maybe I'd enter my incredible seafood salad that is served in a bread bowl.....or maybe my crab bisque. Of course the three of them make a wonderful meal when served together! Hmmm.....makes me think that i know what is on the menu for dinner tonight!
My special recipe is made with only the freshest ingredients so it would fit right in with this group and their promotion of domestic seafood sustainability. It's an important concept that is often overlooked. As an important part of our food supply, we must protect it.

The Great American Seafood Cook Off features chefs from around the nation fixing the most incredibly yummy foods imaginable. If last years event was any indication, this years event should be a feast! I recommend that those of you who like to cook and/or like to eat, check out the recipes of the latest and greatest. Maybe even consider entering the Cook off yourself! I would love to be able to blog on here about knowing the winner of this years event!
Cook off

No comments: